Start the New Year off right with an aromatherapy body massage to can relieve the stress of the holidays. A commitment to regular aromatherapy sessions is both a wise investment and good resolution that you will enjoy sticking to as you benefit from relaxing massages with fragrant oils. Let the skilled hands of a trained masseuse use the oils of not only relieving stress, but also congestion, loss of focus, and to give you energy. Read on to find out how aromatherapy can benefit you.
An aromatherapy body massage combines a variety of fragrant oils with regular massage lotions during your massage sessions. These fragrances stimulant the sense of smell and enhance the overall body massage experience through the activation of the limbic system (including the brain) which can influence your physical and mental well-being.
Affects of your aromatherapy will depend on several factors including what oils you have chosen and well as their concentration in the massage lotion.
Benefits of Aromatherapy Message
- Regulates the digestive system: Ask for bergamot, grapefruit, ginger, lemon grass, fennel, peppermint, or spruce to get your digestion stimulated.
- Increase energy: Scents of peppermint, jasmine, and citrus oils can give you a boost of energy and a feeling of well-being.
- Relaxation: Chamomile is often the scent of choice for relaxation and to reduce anxiety.
- Stimulate metal abilities and memories: Basil, lemon juice, rose water, and clary oil are all useful for this.
- Increase circulation: Ginger, black pepper, rosemary, Spanish sage, cypress, eucalyptus, and coriander are all oils that can increase blood flow.
- Relief from aches and pains: Studies indicate that the scent of lavender can reduce pain and inflammation.
- Decongestion from cold or flu: Scents such as eucalyptus, peppermint, or tea tree oil may be beneficial in this condition.
Keep your masseuse informed
- If you have any allergies to certain oils or smells, or if you have sensitive skin, be sure to inform your masseuse.
- Also let him or her know about any open cuts or wounds that need to be avoided.
- If you suffer from hypertension, heart conditions, asthma, cancer and epilepsy, consult with your doctor before an aromatherapy massage.
- If you are pregnant, consult with your obstetrician. Fetuses’ detoxification mechanisms are not fully developed and some oils may harm the baby.
Start the New Year off right with a total body aromatherapy massage. Select the blend that will benefit you the most, then sit down and relax to this beneficial luxury.