Some people are intimidated by the practice of reflexology, with all those pressure points, target regions, and complicated charts. However, it all boils down to the fact that each part of the body’s organ and muscular function can be accessed and healed through specific nodes or reflexes in the hands and feet.
In this article, we discuss easy and practical ways to incorporate reflexology into your daily routine and the benefits you can expect to see while doing so.
DIY Reflexology at Home
Massage and reflexology are practices that you can do yourself at home or in a professional setting, an on yourself or received by someone else. Between professional reflexology treatments, there are certain exercises that you can do at home to extend your treatments’ benefits and feel amazing every day.
Here are some ways to practice reflexology from the comfort of your own home or office on a regular basis.
- Purchase a foot roller to place under your desk (or even a golf ball in a sock will do!) and roll your feet over it
- While sitting, press on your feet in different ways to see what feels good (kneading, squeezing, etc.)
- Download and print out a simplified reflexology chart, then experiment with pressing on parts of the feet that correspond with pains you feel elsewhere in the body
The key to effective reflexology is to relax and be open to healing. Although it may feel similar to getting a foot massage and start out that way when you begin practicing it at home, you’ll want to learn more about the correct reflex spots on your foot with time and practice. Once you get comfortable working on your feet, you can learn about other reflexology points on your hands, face, and ears for additional self-healing and relaxation.
Benefits of Reflexology
As with many types of treatments and therapies, the health and wellness benefits you experience are greater if you keep up with them regularly. If you manage to do so, through a combination of professional treatments and at-home care, you may begin to notice dramatic changes in your mindset, energy, and pain frequency.
These are some of the most promising benefits of reflexology.
- Relieve pain and stiffness by muscular exertion (i.e. exercise, running)
- Relieves or prevent headache, pain, stress and migraine, constipation, digestion, insomnia etc.
- Improve blood circulation
- Relieve from stress and stress-related conditions
- Rebalance body hormones and correct menstrual disorders
Professional Reflexology Foot Massage
Whether you’re looking for professional reflexology foot massage or any type of massage therapy NYC, the name to know in Midtown Manhattan is Aura Wellness Spa. Since our professional reflexologists undergo extensive education and training about reflex points from the bottom of the feet to the top of the head, you may wish to book a treatment with an experienced therapist to learn more about the techniques before attempting to do it yourself at home.
Long-established records of this ancient healing art can be found as back as far as ancient Egypt, and they are just as relevant today as ever before. Call us today at 212-695-9559 or complete our Online Spa Services Reservation Form to start incorporating reflexology into your life and reap its amazing benefits!