We all need pampering, especially in New York City where our lives are often hectic and full of stress.
Aura Wellness Spa – The best Spa Experience
At Aura Wellness Spa, your comfort is our biggest priority, whether you’re coming in for a quick sweat during your lunch hour, seeking a holistic treatment or just need to relax.
We put together some suggestions to make sure you get the most from your experience.
First, do some preliminary research. Call, or better yet, try to come in first to take a look around.
Things to look for:
- Cleanliness. Nothing can ruin an experience more than an unkempt therapist or messy, wrinkled sheets! Remember, you won’t be the only client massage therapists sees that day, so try to notice how many times they wash their hands. Not possible to check the hand-washing? Look at the therapists’ nails and feet.
- Is the environment soothing, calm and relaxing? If you can hear loud music, traffic or wrecking balls—especially important in New York City where there seems to be a construction site on every corner—it may not be the place for you.
- Amenities. Are there things like private rooms, showers and lockers? At Aura, have steam rooms and relaxation lounges. We even have a juice bar, because we understand the importance of hydration!
- Environment: Everyone has different requirements for luxury and decor, but if you’re craving one type of atmosphere and then get another, it will affect you greatly.
- Look around at other clients. Do they seem pleased and happy with their treatment? We once had a client who told us she couldn’t stop asking people to feel her skin, because it was so soft and smooth after one of our scrubs. THAT’S the kind of experience you want.
- Knowledge and courtesy: Is the front desk friendly and professional? Can they describe the treatments in detail? At Aura, our services include everything from aromatherapy and herbal medicine to body scrubs, skin rejuvenation and teeth whitening–as well as many types of massage. We make sure our front desk knows them all in detail.
- Look for business licenses and other certificates.
- If it’s your first time, arrive 30 minutes early. This ensures a smooth check-in.
- Make sure your cell phone, beeper or pager is turned off.
- Enjoy a sauna before treatment! It’ll help you relax and it will prepare your skin for treatment.
- Ask questions.
- Let the staff know of any health challenges or if you are pregnant
- Don’t forget to tip when you leave! Standard amount for personal services is 20 percent.
Call Us today at (212) 695-9559 schedule your visit. Please visit our Online reservation page for online bookings