Reflexology Massage Therapy in NYC
Reflexology Massage Therapy in NYC is a popular style of treatment and is sought out by many different individuals because of its unique focus on pressure points on the feet. Who doesn’t love a great foot rub?
What is Reflexology
Reflexology is an ancient style of massage that uses pressure on specific points on the feet to relax, cleanse, and refresh internal areas in the body. Reflexologists use the feet as a map of the body and body systems. By putting varied amounts of pressure on these points, in a very specific order, reflexology massage therapy will stimulate total release and relaxation. Some reflexologists also use points on the hands and ears as part of their treatments.
Is Reflexology the Same as Relaxation Massage
Though reflexology is a form of massage therapy, it is different from traditional relaxation massage which includes moderate pressure on the full body and focuses on muscle tension. Instead, reflexology uses the feet, and sometimes hands and ears, to effect the organs and nervous system . Both types of massage are extremely relaxing, and relieve stress and pain.
There are many reasons to enjoy reflexology massage therapy in NYC:
- Rejuvenates your system entirely through the bottom of the foot.
- Reduces stress and pain, which in turn makes it easier to work, clean, and be generally attentive.
- If you are a person who is uncomfortable undressing, or working with draping, reflexology does not require you to take off your clothes.
- In this busy world, Reflexology sessions are generally shorter than traditional massage.
- You do not need to shower to remove massage oils or lotions after treatment.
- Anyone can get reflexology! It is the perfect gift for family and friends, or date with a significant other.
You deserve a treatment that has been practiced for thousands of years. Reflexology works and has gained accolades from Dr. Oz on the Oprah Winfrey Show. Take the time to experience it for yourself. Call us today at (212) 695-9559 schedule your visit. Please visit our online reservation page for online bookings