Korean Body Scrub Therapy
Spa enthusiasts around the globe are raving about it. With its unique approach and various health and beauty benefits, the Korean body scrub treatment is making its way onto many spa menus, proving to be one of the most popular services requested for rejuvenation and indulgence.
Although slightly different from traditional spa services, the Korean body scrub allows guests to enjoy its numerous benefits, while relishing in the pampering that goes along with it. Traditionally, clients are asked to soak in a warm bath or sit in a sauna or steam room prior to the scrub. This helps to soften the skin and prepare it for exfoliation. Clients are then asked to lay on a massage table, where the scrub will begin.
The therapist uses mitts, made of slightly coarse material, to scrub the body, periodically rinsing away the dead skin. The scrub is finished when all of the dead skin is washed away. First-timers often take longer to ensure that all of the dead skin is removed from the body. They may even require a couple of treatments.
Many Korean Body scrubs also include a cucumber mask, hair wash and a milk rinse that helps to bring nourishment into the skin.
Not only are you left feeling refreshed and renewed, the benefits that go along with the Korean Body scrub are plentiful. Here are just a few.
- Exfoliates Skin to New Levels By removing dead skin, oils and opening clogged pores, this treatment enables harmful toxins to leave the body. The result is cleaner, fresher, healthier skin. Getting all of the waste product out of the skin, helps it to repair itself, leaving you with a better complexion and a healthy glow.
- Improves Circulation By stimulating the skin, it helps to increase blood flow. With increased circulation, your risk for problems, including pain and tingling in your hands and feet, numbness and leg cramps, to name a few, are greatly reduced. Proper blood flow also reduces the development of cellulite, or skin dimpling, as many refer to it, which is extremely difficult to get rid of.
- Helps to Tone and Tighten the Skin Want a more toned appearance? Not only do you feel the effects of better circulation inside, but you’ll see a noticeable difference in your appearance as well. With the increase in blood flow, the skin appears tighter and more toned.
- Stimulates the Lymphatic System The lymphatic system is a part of the circulatory system. It consists of a series of nodes, vessels and ducts that carry fluid toward the heart. The fluid contains white blood cells, which attack bacteria in the blood, and also contains proteins and fats from the intestines. The lymphatic system is a huge part of the immune system, so in stimulating it, our risk for infection lessens greatly.
- Clears the Mind Many spa patrons, who have had a Korean Body scrub performed, agree that it’s an overall relaxing experience. From the sauna and warm bath to the exfoliation and milk rinse, the scrub proves to be an experience that many will do over and over again.
Although not offered everywhere, more and more spas are catching onto this popular service. With all of its healthful benefits, it’s no wonder why so many clients are requesting to be replenished and rejuvenated with the Korean Body scrub.
There’s nothing like pampering yourself. Why not pamper yourself with something that’s not only rejuvenating, but also beneficial to your health? With so many perks, the Korean Body scrub will have spa aficionados lining up to share in this exclusive total body experience. Call Us today at (212) 695-9559 schedule your visit. Please visit our Online reservation page for online bookings.